August 25, 2010

27 Years

I have always looked forward to being 27. Don't know why, really, but it just seemed like the ideal young adult age. Not too old, not too young - and it has a 7 in it! I am looking forward to this year, though I truly have no idea what it will bring. During my 26th year we moved residences 3 times, and jobs 4 times (at least) between us. We thought we would move to Alaska, but ended up just visiting. We finally got to go back to Hawaii where I got to show Geoff my old stomping grounds, and let him meet some more of my "family." It was a good year.

We are very thankful to be living, presently, in Early, TX. I would never have guessed we would be here at this time, but I am grateful that we are. We are surrounded by people who love us -many of whom have loved Geoff for most of his life, and continue to believe in him and encourage him in his ministry and walk with the LORD. That is something to be very thankful for.

My heart is still restlessly looking for adventure, and I think I will have some this year and am looking forward to it! We will be heading to Israel on one of Geoff's first tours to be leading with his mentor, Dr. Jim Martin. We are SO thankful for the opportunity to be mentored by this man who has led hundreds of people through the land that Geoff and I have fallen in love with. The first trip is in February/March and we will go to Israel, Egypt, and Jordan!!! I haven't been to Jordan, and Geoff hasn't seen the Pyramids so should be quite fun! Not to mention, several of my favorite people are already signed up for the trip to join in on the adventure! Also, Geoff is signing up to run in a marathon in December - and I plan to tag along and run at least a HALF marathon - which sounds like plenty to me at this point! I hope we succeed in these goals. I have also spent my entire married life trying to talk Geoff into the joys of roadbiking and have FINALLY succeeded. We are in the process of getting a bike for him now! Triathlons have peaked our interest, but most of all I look forward to riding through Texas with my husband - sounds fun! Not to mention - we also brought back a lot of beautiful Aspen from our last trip to Colorado and I am looking forward to turning that into some nice headboards, lamps, and whatever else comes to mind!

I do not know what else will come during this next year of my life but can't wait to find out. I have an amazing husband who loves me more than I deserve. I have two wonderful dogs and a funny rabbit that I love. We are living in a small, cozy apartment on a good bit of land (Labrador heaven) and I get to watch the stars every night. Ultimately I pray that I use this year to glorify my LORD in everything that I do, more than I ever have.

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in CHRIST JESUS."

No comments: