July 16, 2012

Sad.

Last night I got online and saw that a dear lady from Early, Cheryl Jennings, had commented on a blog from our website Saturday. She has sent us regular messages since we moved from Early and began this journey. I have always been so thankful and encouraged by them. Her comment Saturday was especially meaningful, leaving me greatly encouraged and making me feel loved as she always did. I responded to her comment  and continued to think about her and wondered how she, and others in Early, were doing.

Shortly after responding to her, we received a text from someone in Early that she had died. She was with those she loved at church last night, went home, and died suddenly of a heart attack. I am grieving for her precious husband, family, and all of us who loved her. She was always someone I looked for, in particular, on Sunday mornings. She never failed to greet me with unconditional love and I knew without a doubt that she was always truly happy to see me.

In addition, to this news we are still grieving with all of the church family in Early from the sudden death, three weeks ago, of Wayne Horton, who was filling in as minister in Early after we moved. To lose Cheryl so quickly after that is so painful. I am homesick for so many in Early and lack the words to be of comfort to myself, or to them.

We are also remembering the family and friends of Dr. Charles Siburt who passed away last week. He was an incredible mentor to Geoff, and to so many others and will be greatly missed. And just in case death isn't forefront in my mind enough, my heart is incredibly heavy for a couple in Abilene who are burying their precious 2 month old, Ezra today. He was born the same day as one of my dearest friends baby girl. They were next door to each other in the hospital and shared stories as their "birthday buddy" babies grew. Mike Cope is doing the funeral. My prayers are with him, and with all of us as we learn to grieve with each other and try to make since of death in this physical world, while longing for our eternal spiritual home.

"Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no HOPE.  For we believe that JESUS Died and ROSE AGAIN, and so we believe that GOD will bring with JESUS those who have fallen asleep in HIM...the LORD Himself will come down from HEAVEN, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of GOD, and the dead in CHRIST will rise first.  After that, we who are alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the LORD in the air.  
And so WE WILL BE WITH THE LORD FOREVER. Therefore encourage one another with these words." 
1 Thess. 4:13, 14, 16-18




No comments: