August 21, 2005

ALOHA...again!


Aloha! Okay, thank you for letting me confess my weakness and desires in the previous post...I will now get to the 'fun' stuff and explain more about what's up in the Islands! I have managed to have a little bit of fun and adventure in my first couple of weeks in Hawaii. I have been on the "Islands" for two weeks officially this night!

My dear friend and brother Brady rode with me to San Diego from Abilene a couple weeks ago so that I could bring my dear car over with me. He survived long miles through long deserts and proved AGAIN his incredible faithfulness as a friend. Cheers to him! I flew out of San Diego on the 6th of August and was greeted with amazing aloha spirit by the dear Hanson family who arrived just prior to me. They brought a beautiful lai for me...and I don't ever remember flowers smelling so good! (this was a blessing for all, by the way...remember, no air conditioner in the desert!) I had more fun than I could have dreamed during the next few days touring the island with them, snorkeling, fellowshiping, and admiring the beauty of the Lord. Their encouragment and Love filled me up and readied me for the next step over onto the Big Island.

I arrived on "My Island" on the 9th and I am convinced I have found the best! :) Not that I've been to all the others, but this place is fabulous! It's twice the size of all the other islands combined, and offers a great amount of diversity that suits me just fine. From volcanoes and lava fields, to rainforests, blue coastlines, and snowy peaks the Big Island truly has a beauty all its own to unveil. It is the least populated per square mile of all the Islands leaving vast amounts of beautiful, diverse land just begging to be explored. I'm only slowed by my bum leg at the moment, but that is healing fast...I hope!

I have started work and it is going well. It's quite a different job from any I have had before, or had imagined getting, but different can be a good thing. I'm working at Dolphin Quest which is part of the Hilton Waikoloa Villiage in Hawaii. (http://www.dolphinquest.org) My official position is to be a "Lead" in Guest Services which I have found out since arriving means that I must understand EVERYTHING that goes on with this company. So, I'm learning fast, and hoping to learn faster. The program is truly fantastic, and it is so fun to be a part of watching people have the time of their lives playing with dolphins and learning about all kinds of oceanology. I am confident that the job will only get better and more enjoyable as 1) my leg and wrist heal allowing me to work easier and 2) I understand what's going on better! i like to KNOW, but my patience sometimes lacks when I'm in the Learning stage....grrrr. I will have it all figured out someday...maybe. :)

I will post more pictures soon, but for now I have spent way too much time fighting a bad internet connection and I have to be at work early! I love the vast open spaces and lack of development here...but it does mean longer commutes to work! So, mahalo (thank you) for taking the time to check this out...I'll try to get more interesting in the future!

BLESS YOU ALL, Love you much, Aloha.

4 comments:

Brady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brady said...

I don't think I'm allowed to comment anymore. :(