September 27, 2005

Christian Home!!!

Yeah! The day finally came! I found a place to live!!! I enjoyed one more night under the moon after my long flight back from beloved Texas, and greeted the Hawaiian sunrise with renewed determination to find a room before it set again! I was calling places out of my price range even, praying for provision...and I found it!!! I went and looked at this house, loved the chinese lady who lives there, and her 82 year old Philipino husband is just awesome! The room and house are all nice, but I took it when 1) she lowered the price for me, and 2) FOUND OUT THEY ARE CHRISTIANS!!!! I think I almost lost my bid when shouted Praise the Lord a little too loud! :) They're funny people, but a blessings. She's in her late 40's...he's not...they're funny. But, he's a great cook and when I have come home while they're at the dinner table, I am ushered in to share...no questions about it! So, I enjoyed a fine dinner in my new resting place followed by after dinner entertainment by Papa Chen, who is known as one of the finest accordianists in the Islands. Best I've ever heard! I have the funniest/greatest video of him playing How Great Thou Art, with her working hastily in the background to find extra food to send upstairs with me.
The house is nice...feels more like a lodge than a house because it's so spacious. Papa Chen built it many years ago. It has a great ocean view, is somewhat close to work (35 min.; great for here!) and it came with a bed!!! It's so nice to sleep horizontally...

Enjoy the photos...

No comments: