April 11, 2006

Palm Sunday

"Hosanna!" Blessed is HE who comes in the name of the LORD!
Blessed is the KING of ISRAEL!"
Do not be afraid, O Daughter of Zion; see, your KING is coming, seated on a donkey's colt..."


The LORD has come! He has declared Himself King and invited us to His Banquet! HE has allowed us to Declare His Glory before all peoples! He has made us unable to be quiet about the GLORY of His Excellency!
Palm Sunday at the beach, breakfast served as usual to all who are hungery. Two stand out, and later are served lunch in the pastor's home. "Jamie, we're all going to Max's for BBQ and kayaking, will you bring them...and be bold with them, they need it." Petitioned by the pastor, I continued speaking with them and confirmed yet again...the only thing harder than communicating with someone who is high on methamphetamines (ice), is communicating with someone coming OFF of a high. Fidgety, restless and irritable, Rachel-Ann paced in and out of the house and so my focus turned to John. The two had met the day before and in a drunken stuppor decided to get married. This was obviously not a good idea. John's great struggle was a bondage to alcohol. Though she was obviously not all with us, he was desperate to escape, longing for more.
"Whoever wants to save his life will lose it but whoever loses his life for ME will SAVE IT! What good is it for a man to gain the whole world...and yet forfeit his very self?!"
It is easier to dismiss people in the state i found these two in, but that would be to reject my LORD. It is hard to recognize hope for them, easier to sigh, talk about how sad it is, and move on before hindered. Jesus did not do that. He just tells us about who they are. From my experience: There are those whose eyes are shut, who remain blind to the call of the Lord. There are those whose eyes have been opened, who see what is offered, and squint at the sight, thinking "maybe tomorrow." And there are those who meet the conviction straight on and know that they must throw off everything that hinders them NOW and make TODAY their decision if they are to taste that Freedom.
A woman partaking of the free breakfast that morning remained unmoved by the Love extended. Rachel-Ann, though influenced by drugs, divorce, pregnancies, and many other pains since 13 was now a 21 year old whose eyes were open. Obviously born very intellegient, years of drug use had confused her ability. Long since kicked out of her high-end parents house, her mouth confessed the knowledge of her only way out. There is still a FATHER who asks her into His house. Aware and confessing this desire...her committment was to tomorrow.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
John, desperate for help, and sickened by the life offered by the world was begging to be released. Longing for freedom from the bondage of alcohol and craving for the fellowship of those in Christ he remained in our fellowship throughout the day. He told me stories of his grandmother who would read the WORD to him every time he'd visit. "She'd read till she fell asleep drooling," he said, "then would wake up, and start where she left off. I didn't understand it then, though my love for her always left me listening whenever I visited, but she planted my only hope within me long ago." John's eyes are open, and TODAY he longs for Freedom in Christ. He surrounded himself with us when Rachel-Ann hitched a ride back to the "drug beach." He stayed the night studying with my brother Keoni, and today worked hard building rock walls with Pastor Issy. He has a long way to go, he knows this. He claims responsibility for his mistakes, confesses his need, and longs for more with a hunger that surpasses most. What are his chances? Our flesh demands skepticism. He's asking for Hope...may our prayers surround him.
"In Faithfulness He will bring forth Justice; He will not falter or be discouraged till He establishes justice on earth. In His law the ISLANDS will put their hope!" Isaiah 42:4
The day of fellowship yesterday was very sweet. Around the world, as far from the Mount of Olives as geographically possible (save a couple penguins perhaps), we celebrated the Goodness of His Gospel so many years later. Many people came and went. The rain ceased for allowing the sunlight's beauty to radiate off the waters. Though my wrist inhibited me from kayaking, I was instead allowed to fellowship with many the LORD continued to bring in and out of Max's house. A great house, right at the bay of Captain Cook allowed us to venture freely back and forth from bay to balcony. Old friends and new shared fellowship with one another. The diversity represented astounded me. The LORD had called such a variety of people together, to fellowship in His Name...which we did with great rejoicing, great laughter, and great burgers!
"I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My Righteous right hand." Isaiah 4:9
The LORD has been so very gracious to me. A light rain begins to fall outside the window falls of yet another Christian home I am blessed to reside in. A beautiful couple from the fellowship I attend has offered great hospitality, and as I presently have a few days free from night work, I have come to stay for a couple days to soak in their wisdom and Love.

It is such a treasure to travel across the world so many times, meeting people and learning always of different Truths revealed in different situations. The journey to spiritual maturity is rigorous and blessed...I am so grateful that the Lord has seen fit to allow me to hunger after more of His Presence...what a gift. May HE guide us all on each of our Journeys, whether we are in Hawaii, Texas, England, Japan, Africa, or anywhere else in all the world...for while in the world, we are in a battle...and there is VICTORY in JESUS.
May we declare His Victory, His Righteousness, His Lordship, His Sovereignty and His Love so adamantly that our hearts overflow into all the world! At the sight of HIM we are unable to remain quiet!

"When HE came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began JOYFULLY to Praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen: 'BLESSED is the KING who comes in the name of the LORD! PEACE in HEAVEN and GLORY in the HIGHEST!' Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, 'Teacher, rebuke your disciples!' ' I tell you the TRUTH, He replied, 'if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out!" Luke 19:37-40

I want to hear y'all all the way in hawaii!! JESUS IS LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: